Follows my life as a Peace Corps volunteer in The Gambia, from Sep 2007 to Oct 2009.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Little Note Before I Depart

For the next 27 months, this blog will be about my Peace Corps experience in The Gambia. Right now I'm just running around like a chicken with it's head cut off (minus the blood), getting last minute things in order and generally just feeling anxious, nervous and excited to begin. I leave in just three days and I really have no idea what to expect, except that I know that these are going to be two of the most challenging and interesting years of my life. Here goes!

6 comments:

Micha said...

Leave your sweatshirts at home!

And: Welcome to The Gambia!

Diana said...

Hola Kate, como estai? All the best from over here in the US. So nice to hear from you and see what exciting stuff you experience over there!! Will you be going on vacation to the US anytime soon? Take care, Diana :)

yourpirateoverlord said...

i miss you! and i wrote you! i hope all is well!

yourpirateoverlord said...

that last comment was from me.. liz! from boulder! you know!

Anonymous said...

hey hope you had a good chrismas, and i hope you receive my package.

Britta said...

I love you Kate! I think your wonderful and onward-hoe! You're great! Take care, Britta