Follows my life as a Peace Corps volunteer in The Gambia, from Sep 2007 to Oct 2009.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hello, Goodbye!


I was hoping to write a long blog entry before heading back to site, but I just don't have it in me right now. I just finished a week of in-service training, and it was great! I learned about everything from beekeeping to fruit tree grafting. I even got to harvest my first honey from an African beehive (imagine killer bees, but more aggressive). It was so much fun, and I only got stung twice! The rest of the week I enjoyed going to the beach and hanging out with my Peace Corps buds I hadn't seen in awhile. I'm headed back to site tomorrow. I've been gone from site two weeks and it feels like too long. Time to get back to work!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy it!
But wow! killer bee?? scary!
Bests wishes to you!
I hope you be well.
C ya!

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog, congratulations
regard from Catalonia Spain
thank you

jose said...

hi, that is so cool Kate, be safe came back in one peace. Whish you well.